From: Dominic [mailto:dominic....@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 7:26 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] pfSense 1.2.3 - Squid + Active Directory

Hi,

I am trying to setup pfSense to authenticate against a Windows 2003 AD machine
and so far have been unsuccessful.

I've currently configured the squid authentication as follows:

LDAP Version 3
Authentication Server: IP of the AD machine
Authentication Port:    Blank
LDAP server user DN: cn=administrator,cn=Domain Users,dc=domain,dc=net
LDAP password:         Password for administrator account
LDAP base domain:    dc=domain,dc=net
LDAP search filter:      sAMAccountName=%

All I get when trying to browse is the popup prompting for username and password
but this fails. I'ved tried using domain.net\username and just
username in the field
but it just prompts again for the user/pass.

Can anyone advise as to whether I may have gone wrong or where I could
find a log
file that shows the errors encountered?

Thank you,

Dominic.