Christmas came early this year, and I am moving to the new DOCSIS 3.0
service that is available from my ISP. This new service will provide a 100/5
Mbps service which is a nice upgrade from the 15/1 Mbps service that I
currently have in place. Unfortunately, the reliable ALIX appliances I have
used to run pfSense will not support the full downstream bandwidth of this
new service. The ALIX model I have currently use is the ALIX2D3 which use
the AMD Geode LX800 500 MHz chip and is not quite beefy enough for the full
100 Mbps unfortunately.

So, I need to seek out a new ALIX-like appliance to purchase, or I have to
build a new mini-ITX box to get the full capabilities of the connection.
Before I research the best custom mini-ITX system build options, I wanted to
ask the list for any experience-based recommendations on low power
consumption appliances for purchase that have enough CPU power to support
100 Mbps and above. (Quality and future-proofing is more important than
cost.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Best regards,

Michael

Service link, in case there is an interest:

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/Internet/Nitro/