On 09/20/2010 11:06 AM, Danny wrote:
Hi,
I´m trying to do the following:
I´ve got a pfsense box, which have to forward subzone sub.waterfoo.int <http://sub.waterfoo.int>, to a DNS server and waterfoo.int <http://waterfoo.int> to another different DNS My question is pfsense will always forward to the root waterfoo.int <http://waterfoo.int>, or it depends on the order in the forward list?

+1 on that question, been wondering about that for a while now too since I can't seem to get the DNS override list to do what I want. Could someone describe the inner workings of the DNS server override list a bit ?

And as an extra question (if the OP doesn't mind me using his thread) :
How would one use the DNS server override list to tell pfsense to do reverse DNS lookups for a certain IP range (/8 subnet) through another specific DNS server, while still using its default DNS servers for internet lookups ?

Thanks!

Regards,

Hans