On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 08:31, Chris Buechler <cbuech...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So far as I can tell, the cron job for updating the DDNS entries isn't
>> being run.
>
> There isn't one that updates your IP. That's kicked off from which
> ever process renews your WAN IP, which depends on what kind of WAN it
> is. What kind of WAN is it?

Curious - there's a cron job set for 01:01 that runs
/etc/rc.dyndns.update, which seems to be calling the right functions.
Not as often as I'd thought at first glance, but enough for my
purposes.

If it's kicked off from renewal of the WAN, that's my problem - it's a
static RFC1918 IP.  Reason being that I'm using VDSL and must
therefore use the telco's hardware since there's none available to
directly attach to pfSense.  I'll look at seeing if I can set the
modem into bridge mode so I can use PPPoE from the pfSense box, but if
need be I'll submit a bug/feature request to have "polled" DDNS
updates.  Thoughts?