On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:33 AM, James Bensley <jwbens...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks guys for your responses, I will look into MLPPP but in the mean
> time, with regards to load balancing; Again, how does this work in
> pfSense?

For 1.2:
http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/MultiWanVersion1.2

For 2.0:
http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,10407.0.html

Note that there seems to be some confusion as to whether you can do
multiwan in 2.0 if more than one interface uses the same gateway (it
definitely won't work in 1.2). Drop a NAT router between pfsense and
the redundant gateway to overcome this limitation.

> pfSense doesn't allow you to configure an IP address, mask and gateway
> for every interface on the box, only the interfaces assigned as LAN
> and WAN.

Not so. See the guides linked above.

> So if I group some interfaces together as a load balancing
> LAG group the bonded interfaces aren't going to do anything?

Not as a LAG group, as a gateway group. The guide is good. Let us know
how you make out.

db