Hi
I am new here, but I have a question with webgui2.0 .

HOW can I use the messages.po and messages.mo file?
I put the a test.php file in /usr/local/www, like this
putenv('LANG=zh_CN');
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'zh_CN');
bindtextdomain(messages, '/usr/local/www/language');
textdomain(messages);
echo gettext("Status");
?>
I use poedit in my winxp pc,  open the messages.po from
http://pfsense.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pfSense/usr/local/www/language/en/LC_MESSAGES/
and translate the "Status" to "状态", then save it , I get the files messages.po
and messages.mo.
PUT the messages.po and messages.mo to
/usr/local/www/language/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/
Open my browser with the URL HTTP://192.168.1.1/test.php, it display "Status",
not "状态"。
BUT  IF I TRANSLATE "Status" to "zhuangtai"(or any string with letter and
number),save it,put the two file to /usr/local/www/language/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/
Open my browser with the URL HTTP://192.168.1.1/test.php, it display
"zhuangtai"(or any string with letter and number).
By the way,when I bulit the pfsense.iso, I retain
zh_CN.GB18030、zh_CN.GB2312、zh_CN.GBK、zh_CN.UTF-8andzh_CN.eucCN in the dir
/usr/share/locale/, and installed pfsense.iso in virtualbox on winxp pc,
I have anothe pc with same freebsd 8.1 , install lighttpd  php5 gettext with
ports , I THINK I allmost got the SAME ENV TO PFSENSE2. I PUT THE MO. PO FILES
AND OPEN THE TEST.PHP. THE BROWSER DISPLAY CORRECT.

WHERE IS WRONG ?
AND HOW CAN I FIX IT?

2010-11-15

杨文卫