That’s great – thanks for the howto.

I’m wondering if the console could alternatively auto-refresh itself (ie. on a
timer rather than a keypress)?

From: kohenk...@gmail.com [mailto:kohenk...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Moshe Katz
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:16 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] console menu closes when enter pressed

I added the following two lines at line 83 of /etc/rc.initial
"'")
        ;;
Now, it should refresh if I press apostrophe, then <enter>.  I chose that key
because it is next to the enter key so I can press them both at once.
I also changed ${opmode} on line 82 to have quotes around it (although I don't
know if this is required to make it work or not).

What I don't like about the 15 option is that it displays the banner twice in a
row and to me it just looks messy.

Moshe

Moshe Katz
-- mo...@ymkatz.net<mailto:mo...@ymkatz.net>
-- +1(301)867-3732

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Steven Sherwood