On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Evgeny Yurchenko <evg.yu...@rogers.com> wrote:

> Or if you can answer more generally what is genereal pfSense set up if you
> get DSL line from ISP?

I'm not familiar with that Netgear or PPPoA. My DSL uses PPPoE, and I
have two options for handling that login:

1. modem in bridge mode, pfsense uses PPPoE on WAN to login and get IP address.

2. modem in router mode, uses PPPoE on WAN and static IP with or
without DHCP server on LAN. PfSense uses static IP or DHCP on WAN.

I always keep my modems in bridge mode and let the router do the
routing, and normally recommend to others that they do the same.

db