Hi Sean,

Op 23-12-2010 14:01, Sean Cavanaugh schreef:
?>-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Cavanaugh Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:39 PM To:
support@pfsense.com Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] pfSense 2.0 BETA4 :
IPv6?

Verified with wireshark that the DHCPv6 requests are going out but I am
not seeing any response from pfsense for them. DHCP Log shows (blanked
out part of address):

Dec 23 07:18:36 dhcpd: Listening on Socket/14/em1/2001:470:7:XXXx::/64
Dec 23 07:18:36 dhcpd: Sending on Socket/14/em1/2001:470:7:XXXX::/64

Thanks for helping out with this, I've had a heck of a time troubleshooting this in my test setup and had been unable to verify it's operation.

I do have rtadvd configured to tell the hosts to use "managed" e.g. dhcp for ipv6 configuration, but it always falls back to autoconfig.

and no other DHCPv6 entries

I think I need to add other firewall rules for traffic to leave the pfsense box, specifically for dhcp v6.

I am not sure what rules I exactly need for that. What I have not tried yet is disabling pf using "pf -d". Maybe that dhcp succeeds without pf in between.

I think that dhcp v6 uses port 567 but I'm unsure.

Your help in troubleshooting is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Seth