Ah, sorry. I don't have a great recommendation for you then. I've not used a
WSUS server without a domain.

You can tune squid to cache larger files, but I too am not extremely fond of
Squid. I always have random issues with this and that running it (mainly
custom web apps, java, etc).

Mike McLaughlin - System Administrator
Clientworks, Inc - 721 Zion St, Nevada City, CA 95959
Office 530-470-0104 - Cell 530-559-9606