On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Andy Graybeal
<andy.grayb...@casanueva.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm wondering if there is a DNS forwarding log?  I don't have a DNS server
> installed here at the site, I use OpenDNS for my name servers.
>
> I have a machine that is requesting a website that supposedly is related to
> malware according to OpenDNS.
>
> How would I figure out which machine this is on my network?  I figure the
> best way would be with a DNS forwarding log, but there isn't one... and I
> don't know much about this stuff anyway and I'm eager to learn.

If you can do some basic command line hacking, there is an option for
dnsmasq to log all its queries with the -q option. Level of logging
could get out of hand quickly, you'll probably have to log to a syslog
server to be able to retain enough to find what you're looking for as
the local logs on the system are circular and will overwrite
themselves.