On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Anthony Saenz <anth...@consumertrack.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to pfsense and so far haven't found a way to do the following:
>
> I'm trying to route traffic on ports 80/443 going to a "public" IP (in this
> case let's say 74.125.224.214) to a box we have internally here in the
> office but if that box itself tries to hit the IP, allow it to pass through
> to the intended destination. Is this at all possible or is there another
> medium that would allow me to do this?

It sounds like what you want is called NAT reflection.  However it's only
available on pfSense 2.x.

There are alternative options though.  If you just need the server itself to
access the website you're serving why use the external IP address to do
that.  You can use the host file to point it to itself.  If you need the
rest of the internal hosts to be able to access the website by dns name you
can also use split dns which gives the hosts the internal IP address for the
resource rather than the external IP address.
--
David