On 3/14/2011 9:23 AM, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
>> On 3/14/2011 7:17 AM, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I dunno if I am wrong or not, but I have a vague memory about PFSense that
>>> we can add / removes rules using XML-RPC or something like this.
>>>
>>> Unfortunatly I cannot find any API and description somewhere on pfsense
>>> sites?
>>>
>>> Any pointer ?
>>
>> There isn't any XML API to do that (yet).
>>
>> The XML RPC sync for CARP/Failover clusters will sync entire rule
>> sections, but can't (yet) manage them individually.
>
> Thanks Jim...
>
> Ok this is bad, I was really in the point to add pfsense as firewall
> technology to our company (cloud computing company).
>
> I will use another way to make that.
>
> :(

It wouldn't be terribly difficult to write such a thing for your
purpose, though to do so generally for everyone to use it a bit harder task.

Just have a look at the existing XML RPC code and see how easy it is to
add functions to it, and look at the "Easy Rule" code to see how easy it
is to add rules.

It may be less time to write your own bits there than it would be to
completely switch to another platform.

Jim