On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:57 PM, David Burgess <apt....@gmail.com> wrote:

> The point of transparent proxy is that it doesn't require any system
> or browser proxy setting; it intercepts all http requests from the
> user on the active interfaces. I suspect from your description rather
> that you have squid not in transparent mode and are using group policy
> or something similar to set the system proxy. Maybe you need to move
> to true transparent mode, which works with firefox and any other
> browser.

Yeah I was a bit confused by the question as well.  If you are using Squid
in a non-transparent mode then you'll need to use firewall rules to block
port 80 traffic appropriately so that only the requests that go through the
proxy are allowed.  Otherwise moving to a transparent proxy should provide
you the behavior you're expecting.
--
David