2011/3/23 Carlos Vicente <cjpvice...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> have you considered to use squidguard with the URL Blocklist shallalist.de?
> I have one deployment with squid (not in transparent mode, using port TCP
> 3128), squidguard and HAVP and I can block about all social network traffic.
>
> Carlos
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Luke Jaeger <ad...@pvpa.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have squid configured as transparent proxy on my network.
>>
>> Students have figured out that if they use Firefox and set its internal
>> network settings to "no proxy", they can get to banned sites such as
>> facebook via https.
>>
>> Firefox is the only browser I know of that lets you override system proxy
>> settings, which we keep locked down.
>>
>> Is there any way to fix this?
>>
>> thanks -
>>

>> Luke Jaeger | Technology Coordinator
>> Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School
>> www.pvpa.org

>> Commercial support available - https://portal.pfsense.org
>>

> --
>
> *****
> http://www.sebastiaoguerra.com
> http://www.atelierdamoto.com
> http://www.blocoa3.com
> Este e-mail e quaisquer ficheiros a ele anexados são confidenciais e
> destinados,
> exclusivamente, à pessoa ou entidade a quem foi endereçado. Se recebeu este
> e-mail por
> erro, por favor, contacte-nos. Obrigado.
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
> solely for the use of
> the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received
> this e-mail in error
> please notify us.
>

> Antes de imprimir este e-mail pense se necessita mesmo de o fazer

Hi @list,

afaik you can define acls in the squidconfig to block specific sites
and ports (nearly anything that is ip/tcp)
you can also create blocking lists that could be used with squid only.
you can also setup special error pages and messages in the config iirc.
a simple example can you find here.

http://nixcraft.com/linux-software/544-how-block-sites-squid.html

as others have already mentioned, redirect all access to the outside
world port 80/443/8080...( not blocking, lead it to the squid)
to port 80 of the pfsense box especially to port 3128 and choose the
transparent proxy settings,
i am sure there will be a howto/tutorial or something to find in the
pfsense docs.

for using squidguard, keep always in mind that each requests gets
validated against a huge list of
blacklisted servers. i had a customer that keeped over 26.000.000
blocked sites in his squidguard
filter -> each request has to getting validated against 26.000.000
listentries ( not the page load, each part of a page)
-> slows down the loading of the  page and increases the load of the
firewall itself

another solution can be dante a socks proxy solution with content
filter abilities. i am not sure if dante or another socks content
filter is availeable
in the packages for pfsense.

hope it helps a bit

regards

m.

--
= = =  http://michael-schuh.net/  = = =
Projektmanagement - IT-Consulting - Professional Services IT

= = =  Ust-ID:  DE251072318  = = =