I know this has come up more than once in the past, but I can’t find it in the
archives (i.e. can’t figure out the right keywords).

If my pfSense box is the endpoint of an IPSec tunnel, all the devices routing
through it can reach the far side, but traffic originating from the pfSense box
itself doesn’t get there.

I think I remember the solution being to add a static route on the pfSense box,
but I can’t remember precisely what had to be added.  I also remember that
doing so would cause an error message to be logged somewhere every time(?) a
packet was sent through that route.

I want my pfSense IPSec tunnel endpoint to talk either OSPF or BGP to the Cisco
ISR at the other end, as there’s several hundred routes reachable through it
and I don’t want to manually enter hundreds of phase-2 proposals on both ends!

This *is* possible, right?  I’m sure I remember doing something like this
before…

Could someone please jog my memory on exactly what I need to add?

(BTW: running 2.0RC1, where that makes a difference)

-Adam Thompson

athom...@athompso.net