On 24/03/2011 10:01, Fuchs, Martin wrote:
Well thats not exactly what i want to do...

I want pfsense to be its own subordinate ca that's authenticated by the windows
ca.
This way it would be possible for me to use the pfsense ca for all ssl issues
on the pfsense and would not have to use the windows ca for that, but the trust
would be established, because the windows ca authenticated the pfsense ca.
When I import the ca it seems pfsense cannot use it (because it displays
external ?)

The certificate must be enabled as a CA (obviously) and you must import the private key too. I seem to remember you can choose any CA for wich you have a key to sign certificates. Although, I have had some problems with subordinate CAs in OpenVPN, I later had to switch away from that idea. There were problems both in the pfSense pages and in OpenVPN support (it was more than a year ago, maybe things got better by now).

HTH

Angelo.