On 4/29/11 2:05 PM, Yehuda Katz wrote:
On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Mehma Sarja <mehmasa...@gmail.com <mailto:mehmasa...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Alix running pf 20 RC1 nano. Trying to change from default
    192.168.1.x network to 192.168.100.x on the LAN interface -
    nothing fancy.

    WHAT I DID
    With DHCP enabled and serving on 192.168.1.x, tried to change LAN
    ip using the web GUI. I can guess why it does not work - DHCP is
    trying to serve on the old network and the LAN is trying to change
    it's network. Don't get any love on either network. Turning DHCP
    off - figured I'd assign my laptop a new address manually since
    there is no DHCP. Nothing on either network.

    I think it's time to go read the book.

It might be easiest for you to fix this from the console.
Log in (if you have it configured to require login), then choose option 2 from the menu ("Set interface(s) IP address").
Make sure you enter the DHCP addresses in full: i.e. 192.168.100.x.

- Yehuda
Yea, the console did it. Thanks for the nudge.

Mehma