Martin,

What you are looking to do is Layer 7 filtering, not intrusion detection (which
is what Snort is designed for). You can do this in PFSense 2.0 under Firewall
-> Traffic Shaper -> Layer 7.

It's pretty self explanatory when you are adding an L7 rules group, just add
the protocols you want to block and make sure the container is enabled, you
then need to create a firewall rule to choose what traffic you would like the
L7 rule to apply to.

>Best regards
>
>Martin Månsson

Cheers,