-----Original Message-----
From: Maik Heinelt [mailto:m...@vegasystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:12 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Multible PPPoE on same NIC?

On 06/17/2011 02:56 AM, Steven Sherwood wrote:
> [...]
No, here in Japan with my ISP, I actually just need 1 ONU and even the
NTT default CTU (All-In-One  router + modem device )
is able to handle max. 5 PPPoE connections at the same time.
I actually have tested to use 3 separate cheap Buffalo router, all
connected directly to CTU.
CTU config is set as PPPoE pass-thru.

It works without any problem. I was able to run separated PPPoE on each
connected Buffalo router.

It would be great, if I could do same just with one pfSense router.

Maik

-------

Sorry Maik - I misunderstood your application.  I take it you want multiple
PPPoE sessions for the IP addresses then?

I believe pfSense limits you to one PPPoE session/interface, and doesn't
support PPPoE pass-thru.  With DSL in Canada, you can do what you are trying
for as well if you just use the CPE instead of pfSense.

I'm not aware of another work-around, though you might be able to achieve what
you want with separate VLANs / virtual interfaces and a capable switch upstream
of the pfSense box.

-- Steven