From: "Chris Buechler" <cbuech...@gmail.com>
To: support@pfsense.com
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:21:26 AM
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Logout button - captive portal

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Atkins, Dwane P <atki...@uthscsa.edu> wrote:
> Good afternoon all.
>

> We use the following version and it has been rather stable.
>

> 1.2.3-RELEASE
> built on Sun Dec 6 23:21:36 EST 2009
>

> My issue is when authenticate, you can do whatever you have been authorized.
>  But when you have completed and click the logout button, it just sits
> there.  You can click it and click it and it will not go away.  However, I
> did notice that I was logged out from the pfsense box which is a good
> thing.
>

> How do we get the button to disappear or to possibly show something that
> will state that you have been disconnected.

Yeah what you're seeing there is it fully disconnects the user. When
you're logged out, the portal kills all your states to ensure you're
cut off from Internet access, cutting off their HTTP session to the
logout window in the process (there is no possible way in the
underlying software to kill the host's states with the exception of
one to keep the logout window alive). There currently aren't any
alternatives there.