Sec wrote:
This need not be mulitple person. The same person can have multiple accounts. I think it would be great to have this feature added. ----- Original Message ----- From: Etan Reisner To: netbean3r ,support@pidgin.im Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 Subject: Re: multiple local user accounts? > > On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:00:01PM -0800, netbean3r wrote: > > > > Can multiple local user accounts be set up on Pidgin? I am switching from > > Trillian and this feature is absolutely essential for me: each time Pidgin > > is opened, a local (to the Pidgin installation) account must be selected > > (with optional password protection), and each account has unique IM > accounts > > associated with it. As it stands, Pidgin automatically retains data for > the > > IM accounts set up and that can be accessed as soon as the application is > > opened. Any solutions? My apologies if this has already been covered > > somewhere; I looked and didn't find it. > > pidgin is not designed for multiple person use, it is designed to let your > operating system handle details like that, for people for whom that is not > possible pidgin has the -c command line flag with which it can be told to > use alternate configuration locations. There is no provision for applying > password protection to those configuration locations though. > > -Etan > > _______________________________________________ > Support mailing list > Support@pidgin.im > http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support >

As I sit here typing this, I am signed on with 2 AIM accounts, yahoo, ICQ, MSN, SILC, 2 jabber accounts, and an IRC account, all from the same instance of finch. The same is possible with pidgin, and has been for years.

luke