________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Venkatasamy,Venkat
        Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 12:57 PM
        To: Peter Robev; David Balazic
        Cc: support@pidgin.im
        Subject: RE: Password encryption

        This is not going to help to solve the issue. I belive David
refers to encrypting the .purple directory. But local administrators of
the computer will be able to decrypt the folder and access the password.
This is not a secure workaround.

        i would like to hash the password so it should not be visible
even to the user who stores the password.