He's referring to Yahoo. I haven't been able to connect to Yahoo servers all night with anything but an official client.

Evan Platt wrote:
Geoffrey Lane wrote:
I realize there was a maintenance / outage today,
Uhh... there was?
but for the last 4 hrs or so pidgin will not connect but the official client does...
What is "The official client"?

So if I'm mistaken or resolves before this is viewed I'm sorry.. Is there
any new settings/server/etc.. during this or any other way to connect
via pidgin instead?
Huh? Pidgin is a client to connect to ... oh about 10 different client servers. There cannot be a "pidgin outage".

That's like saying there's a Honda Civic outage today, when in actuality your car broke down.