You need to upgrade to 2.5.7.  That fixes the Yahoo connection issue.

-Michael

ret...@cox.net wrote:
I'm having troubles with Pidgin when trying to connect thru Yahoo IM.  The
Buddies List does not display. I am running Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty with Pidgin
2.5.5. I am running Ubuntu 8.10 with Pidgin 2.5.7 on another computer and
changed the Pager Server to: scsa.msg.yahoo.com and now it works fine. I made
the same changes to this system (Jaunty w/Pidgin 2.5.5) and still cannot
display Buddies list.

What changes need to be made to get this to work again? Please advise.

Thanks,
Gary Hayes.