This is normal. On many protocols you can stay offline and still chat with your buddies. Are you sure they weren't set to invisible?

-Michael

Richard Sterling wrote:
I am running pidgin 2.5.8 and using windows xp.

The problem I am having is pidgin is showing people on my buddy list as offline
when they are not.  So far all my buddies are using yahoo im.  I see them as
offline then I suddenly get a message from one of them.  After that I can send
and recieve messages from them like normal.  However it will still show them as
offline even though I am chatting with them.

Any help is appreciated thanks

Richard
eeld...@yahoo.com