Yes, the normal pidgin install. To activate portable mode just change the exe name to pidgin-portable.exe as directed in the FAQ here: http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#RunningWindowsPidginFromaUSBDrivePortableMode

There's more to it than just renaming, but that outlines it. Again, if it seems like too much work, you can always use the portable version from PortableApps.com

-Michael

PS - please reply to the list also.  Thanks.

J.Salo wrote:
Normal pidgin.exe install? not source one.. if exe install where do i change the mode to portable?