On Aug 22, 2009, at 22:58, NintendoBoy259 <nintendoboy...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think I found a bug in Pidgin last night, my OS is XP SP3. I had v2.5.6 installed when I noticed that my buddies, all of them, would sign off at a seemingly random time. I would still be able to have an IM conversation with them despite them appearing as offline, and I could fully use my internet. Apparently, I stay signed on for their lists too. When they would change their status, they sign back on with the change apparent; however, eventually I would run into the same issue. So I updated to v2.5.8, and had the same problem. Uninstalled completely, reinstalled, still getting the same problem. Messed with some options, no avail. I emailed you this message, almost verbatim, then updated to 2.6.1. And it's still happening, so I'm send thing again... What gives?

Which protocol are you seeing this with?

It sounds like the users have just switched to an "invisible" status.

-D