On Sep 5, 2009, at 12:10, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:32:49 -0700 (PDT)
Bradj47 <brad...@gmail.com> wrote:

I installed a Twitter plugin and I don't want it to make a sound whenever someone tweets. I do want the popup to notify me, just without the noise. However, I do want to hear sounds when someone IM's me with another protocol
or someone logs on. How do I do this?

Who is the author of the plugin? If it isn't part of the standard
Pidgin distribution you will need to seek support according to the
plugin's contact details.

While the twitter plugin may be a third-party plugin and the Pidgin developers do not support third-party plugins, configuring per-user sound notifications is pretty much squarely outside of a protocol plugin's functionality.

That said, this isn't possible in Pidgin itself. The third-party Smart Ear plugin may help (although I don't know if it has the ability to do per-*account* configuration.) See the ThirdPartyPlugins page on Pidgin's wiki for information on it. http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ThirdPartyPlugins

~Paul