I am part of a group that has an online chat room. The moderators aggressively control the benign content of the room. We would like to set up a private chat room with a permanent URL. What services are available that do not require a particular email address to become a member, like Google, AOL, and Yahoo? A reasonable annual fee for such a service would be fine. If I can find that source, I'm going to advocate that each member use Pidgin to access the group.

There are plenty of chat rooms with web interfaces, but the ones I found require a separate web page interface for user authentication. Since I don't know how to create separate web pages, that option is not very helpful. The members use Windows, Mac, and Linux. We have never exceeded 25 members, so far.