Lenin Santana wrote:
Hello,i recently installed ubuntu and pidgin on my new laptop.But after a couple of days i been seen that 2.6.4 is out and i still have 2.6.3.I followed the instructions of the PPA and still i see no updates.Even on the www.pidgim.im website still says Ubuntu 2.6.3 while all the other versions say 2.6.4.I dont know if this is normal,just thought i point it out.

Thanks

Some distro's have a longer testing cycle before they release new versions of software. This is an issue I commonly came across with Debian (they were up to a year behind what was otherwise publicly available).