Andrew Kennis wrote:

I did a bit of searching on good ol' ad-free Scroogle.org (Google searches without the ads and marketing info, I recommend this to

How is Google paid for this? Using the Google search engine but stripping the advertising would, almost certainly, be a copyright infringement. Maintaining ones own crawler and search engine hardare would be very expensive.

everyone) and already saw that folks have posted before about this error message from AIM. Out of the clear blue sky, despite having used AIM on

A good search engine would also have found the dozens of identical answers to this problem on the support list archives.

Please remember, though, that it is AOL that broke compatibility.

--
David Woolley