Brian Lu wrote:
Any know about this?

Please see http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/SecurityVulnerabilityProcess

This security issues seems to have been made public in violation of the reporting guidelines. That often happens for self promotion reasons. 2.6.4 is too recent for anyone to justify release on the basis that the developers were being unreasonably slow.

As you can see from that link you will not get any useful response until patches have been issued to packagers, and they have been given a chance to create fixed ones.

Please note that I am not on the security mailing list, so I have no access to privileged information on this subject.

Note to the authors of the guidelines; "We take XXXX seriously" are discredited words in stock replies. You really need to back them up by real statistics on time to fix. Every marketing department uses this sort of form of words, often when the reality of the organisation is very different, although I believe that Pidgin developers really will treat problems seriously.

--
David Woolley