On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Richard S. <workingfromhom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to switch to a PC at work from a mac.
>
> Currently all of my contacts are setup in iChat under my .Mac account.
>
> Is there a way for me to sign into my .Mac account in Pidgin so that I don't
> have to create a new AIM / Yahoo profile and migrate them all over?
>
> I tried selecting AIM and entering my .Mac information but I couldn't sign
> in.
>
> Is there a different plugin that I would need?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard S.

Hi Richard.  It's possible to sign into a .Mac AIM account using
Pidgin.  The protocol should be AIM, and the username should be
yourusern...@mac.com  Nothing else should need to be changed.  If that
doesn't work... could you please let us know what error you're seeing?

Also, are .Mac accounts able to sign into the Yahoo IM network?  I'm
not familiar with that.

--Mark