On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:11:42 -0700 (PDT), David Schwartz
<david.schwa...@oracle.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>I have been trying to rearrange buddies into different groups.  I
>have been right-clicking, then choosing 'move to' and then clicking
>on the group.  It works at the time, but when I exit out of pidgin
>and log back in, the buddies are back in the old groups.  Any ideas
>what I may be doing wrong?

What server/service are you using?  Not all services support groups,
some (Facebook's XMPP server, for example) ignore/override your
groupings.

However, Facebook's XMPP server does honour lists you create on the
Facebook web interface, your service might have an alternate way to
maintain groups too.