Luigi Romagnosi wrote:
Hi, I don't know if this email is right to report a problem with pidgin.

It is an appropriate place to get help on problems using Pidgin. If you have enough information to raise a bug report (which you do not appear to have), you should use the bug tracker instead.

I can connect behind a proxy also activeting "use http". It is strange because with emesene and amsn I can connect using this method. Any suggestions?

What are "emsene" and "amsn".

More generally, you seem to be saying that proxying using HTTP works, so I don't understand why you have a problem. The need to use HTTP will arise because of firewall policies, or sometimes because of broken DNS servers.

--
David Woolley