On 7/18/2012 8:59 AM, Chris Torczon wrote:

Hello,

I'm an IT consultant for our customer Robert J. Bembom. They are currently experiencing a connection issue with their IM. I'm unfamiliar with your program and unable to determine the issue. There was a certificate update about a week ago and then they couldn't use the IM. I need your assistance.

To give you a bit of an idea where to start, pidgin isn't a service that you connect to. Rather, it's a client that connects to various IM services.

You might want to check the debug log for any clues as to the problem, especially if it's potentially certificate related.

Also make sure the user is on the latest version of pidgin, certificate handling has improved somewhat.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/