It is likely that your password has expired.

Do you know how you connect?  If it is SIPE (Communicator), try logging into
windows (on a separate computer if needed) with the same account you use in
Pidgin (check your account properties to make sure).

If its not SIPE you will likely need to have your password reset by your
service provider.  Contact an administrator or tech support for that particular
service.

-Tres