On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Andrew Roffey
<andrew.rof...@connect.qut.edu.au> wrote:
> On 25/01/13 02:13, Evgeny wrote:
>> I'd like to ask for permission to copy the 'Pidgin' icon
>>
>> (pidgin-2.10.6/pidgin-2.10.6/pidgin/pixmaps/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/pidgin.png)
>>  to Npackd web server and use it for 'Pidgin' package identifying
>> icon.
>
> SVG is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0
> Unported license:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pidgin_Logo.svg

I think this is wrong.  I don't know who Joel Yoder is (the name
listed as "Author" on that wikimedia page) and I don't remember ever
discussing licensing that file under a Creative Commons license.  I
believe the logo was created by Denis Radenkovic of 38one.com, with
copyright held by IM Freedom, and we've only chosen to license it as
"GPLv2 or later."