Phil Hannent wrote:

"Regarding logging on server, you should really consult the documentation for your chosen server. This isn't the mailing list to ask very general questions about some other software."

I don't think he means the IM server. I think he want the client to log to a network file server, rather than the local hard disk. He might prefer a mechanism that doesn't allow the user of the client to overwrite those logs, as it generally appears that he doesn't trust his users.

--
David Woolley