On 19/03/14 08:24, Richard Lam wrote:
Dear Pidgin,

This is a peer support mailing list.

Is there a server system avaliable and can  administration look into all
messages. This system will be used for a school.

Pidgin is intended for use with, typically pre-existing, third party server systems, of many different kinds. You will need to contact the supplier of the system you intend to use.

Most people setting up internal servers use XMPP based servers. As far as I know, XMPP doesn't provide end to end encryption.

Pidgin also supports Apple's Bonjour protocol, on a single broadcast area. That doesn't use servers. I don't know what security features it has, and therefore if it is possible to monitor. However, if it does provide encryption, it will be intrinsically end to end.

I assume that your requirement is that the system be insecure as far as the teachers are concerned. There are, I believe, Pidgin plugins that try to make such systems end to end secure, but you would see the resulting encrypted data, even if you couldn't decipher it.

There are generally a lot more questions on this list from people trying to prevent intelligence gathering by central authorities, than trying to allow it, although the financial services industry does have that sort of requirement.