I think you probably misunderstand what Pidgin is. It's a messaging client that is driven by community, same as this mailing list is. Though it supports hangouts, AIM, ICQ, skype, etc; but have nothing to do with either of those companies, and does not get any support from them in particular.

The Pidgin account you created to use AIM is just an information local to your PC about how to interact with a particular protocol (e.g. AIM). It is not stored elsewhere. Imagine you wanted to use Pidgin with XMPP on your local network — having to connect to Internet would be a major inconvenience.