dfabulich wrote:

> What should I do here?  Put in the hack and let the user figure out the
> TestNGException if they try to use multi-class dependent methods?
Please, give us the exception from TestNG if the setup is invalid, give us
the mere test results if the setup is valid because no inter-class
dependencies exist. I mean somebody who can setup a config file for a build
tool is smart enough to figure out what an exception means or do you
disagree? Just in case, a few lines of doc about the forkMode=always setting
should successfully shield Surefire from users filling in unjustified
issues.

To me, it seems this discussion is primarily concerned about making Surefire
bullet-proof against bad user config. As for me, I have this slightly
arrogant attitude to feel superior to a machine and hence always feel kind
of angry if a program wants to tell what I should better not do because it
might fail.

Benjamin Bentmann