However, what I wrote below does not contradict Geoffrey's point,
which is that if the horses stay at 90 degrees to each other only up
to 20kHz in the analogue design, then this property applies only up
to 13.5kHz in the frequency-warped digital design, with fs=44.1kHz.

To get the 90 degree property up to 20kHz you need to start with an
analogue design good to 95.5kHz.

Or, you start with an analogue design good from say 20Hz to 9.85MHz,
which (on a log scale) is symmetrical range about 13459Hz.  13459Hz
warps to fs/4=11050Hz, so this is the analogue design to start from if
you want a "symmetrical about fs/4" digital design that is good from
20Hz to 222050-20=22030 Hz.

Peter