Message: 6
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 19:53:05 +0100
From: J?rn Nettingsmeier  <netti...@stackingdwarves.net>
Subject: Re: [Sursound] Sursound Digest, Vol 30, Issue 9
To: sursound@music.vt.edu

On 01/15/2011 06:24 PM, Aart Nienhuis wrote:

>> oh come on. decent webspace is cheap, there is no reason to annoy users
>> with that kind of crap. plus i was using a friend's windows machine,
>> which makes me kinda wary of malware.
>
> You seem to be annoyed pretty easy if one popup makes you go into
> stress......

two popups, each time one visits your page, one with unrelated
advertising crap, and the other telling me repeatedly i'm the 100000th
user of your site and can claim a prize. sorry, but that's a) fraudulent
and b) an insult to my intelligence.

Fraudulent ? Man, grow up ! No one is stealing anything from you, no one is trying to get anything from you.... And besides that I gave you a link without popups , but you keep on nagging about them.......

>> i have since browsed it from my own machine, only to find that you have
>> chosen to trap right clicks throughout the page, taking my context menu
>> away. very annoying. particularly so since you decided to do without
>> navigation elements.
>
> Yep, I did that because I found some of the stuff we developed appearing
> on another website as a direct copy including pictures...... but not
> mentioning where it came from and who made it........ I know this
> protection isn't very safe, but for noobs it is.

congratulations, you have just protected your site from utter morons
wishing to rip you off, making it unusable for everyone else who might
take a legitimate interest in your site.

RIDICULOUS ! Never heard that anyone couldn't navigate my site or found it unusable.....
Really ridiculous.

> No navigation elements ? You're kidding, right ? So you're still stuck
> at the indexpage ? ROTFL !

of course not. but you force me to follow your idea of reading flow and
navigation, throwing me back to your index page all the time (for which
i have to scroll down to find your backlink, because you screwed with my
context menu), which is, um, a little eighties :) pretty much akin to
saying "this website has been optimized for netscape navigator gold
3.0". we don't do that anymore :)

The idea behind my site is to teach methods to make surround out of stereo , so yes there is a quite logiocal flow you have to follow. But just like you can avoid the popups, you can avoid the stream I want newbies to follow and jump directly to the content you want to see. It's has nothing to do with being optimized for, as far as I know it works the same on every browser.

Hey dude, take a look at www.kraftwerk.com ...... I bet you have plenty of comment on that website too !
(IMHO it's a work of Art !)

>> Meister f?r Veranstaltungstechnik (B?hne/Studio), Elektrofachkraft
> I can nag too if you want...... what is Meister f?r ? And B?hne ?
> This is an English mailinglist, never thought of characters with an
> Umlaut might become unreadable on such a list ? Must I say now , like
> you did, that that is the reason for me not to look at anything else
> from you ?????
> And for sure doesn't look very professional to me either........

it's called a diacritical mark, or, as you observed correctly, an
umlaut. it happens to be part of my language, and since it is not part
of the 7bit character set, i send my mails as utf-8. in replying, my
mailer falls back to my correspondent's choice of character encoding,
which, in the case of this thread, happens to be ISO-8859-1. your mailer
(or the digest mechanism of this list) wrongly assumes us-ascii, and
consequently displays "?" as placeholders. clearly somebody else's
problem, but thanks for the heads-up.

OK, someone elses problem, not yours.......
So when I post in full HTML here or simply make a Word document with different fonts, heights etc and post it here, it becomes unreadable, but isn't my problem, but someone elses ?
It would suit you to make it fuer instead of f?r......

But anyway, I always thought this was a mailing list about Ambi and related stuff, not a mailing list for HTML issues....

Message: 11