Hello Darren,

I second jörn, ambdec is the way to go. I've just recently tested it
against ambidecode~ and IRCAM's spat.decoder~ object and I found
ambdec to produce a much better result overall. I've compiled it under
Mac OSX 10.6.6 but I remember having to tweak something in the make
file for ambdec or maybe one of the needed libraries. I could try to
build a package later today or tomorrow.

Best,

Hector