Hi all
a quick comment on ideal line sources:

The free-field impulse response of an ideal line source (as Dave suggested, an
infinite line of monopole sources, with same phase and amplitude and infinitely
closely spaced)
is the free-field Green function of the wave equation in 2D (in the freq
domain is more or less a Hankel function H_0(kr)  - NOT the spherical Hankel
functions we use for near field compensation).

Looking at this impulse response (time domain), one may surprisingly find out
that it does not look like a delta function at all, but has an infinite decay
after the initial wave....
If you think at the physics of the line of monopoles, this might become more
logical....
This was quite surprising to me when I first realized that (and then was even
more surprised when looked at the 1D Green function - it's a Heaviside step
function!)

Anyway, I believe that Ambisonics decoding with line sources is the same as
with monpole-like sources if we make the assumption of far field (they are all
plane waves).
Otherwise, if you really want to apply a near field compensation (do you?),
then it is pretty much the same as for the 3D case (monopoles) but substituting
the spherical Bessel/Hankel (j_n / h_n) functions with traditional
Bessel/Hankel functions (J_n / H_n)
[Richard, I know what you are thinking....yet again, I couldn't help but
mention the Hankel functions...sorry  :-)  ]

Regards,
Filippo