> Len's on vacation, and can't be reached.

I'm monitoring email.

> ...All seems to be going well, except for the following noise that sounds
> phantom-power related when I start recording - it happens about 12 seconds in
> and then not again.

If it happens when you first turn on phantom power, the sound is probably a
capacitor charging up in the PPA.  With any equipment, it's a good idea that
when phantom power is first turned on, to let everything stabilize a minute or
two.

Please also check the 788 with another set of mics.  Simply going into record
mode should make any sounds at all with any mics.

We don't recommend powering the PPAs with the on-board battery unless you have
no other alternative.  The PPA will then only provide 1.5 VDC to the capsules
instead of the 5 VDC it provides with 48 V phantom power.  1.5 VDC will power
TetraMic but its max SPL will be reduced.

We recommend providing power to TetraMic via all four PPAs.  If you use only
one, in certain cases it may not provide adequate power.  (The TetraMic
capsules are specified at 3.5 mA.)

We have a design for a single four-channel PPA.  We had hoped to get to
prototyping it , but can't say when it will happen.

As of last month, Rycote offers two windscreen systems for TetraMic: one
full-sized blimp and one using the Baby Ball Gag; both use the more compliant
lyre suspension.  Please contact your local Rycote dealer for pricing.

Len Moskowitz (mosko...@core-sound.com)