Ralph Glasgal wrote:

Although I have done this many times before, I again put on a left right test
track using RACE and two line source ESL speakers and I can rotate my head as
much as my neck permits without detecting any noticeable shift in the
localization of the voices at the extreme right and left.  With two speakers if
I stand up so I can rotate even more then the localization begins to shift but
not all that much.  But with both front and rear speakers engaged even this
does not happen.  Compared to earphone listening, the stage stays put with
normal head rotation using this loudspeaker binaural method and head tracking
is not required.

In the concert hall or movie theater one does not rotate the head all that much
so I fail to see the significance of a possible 2nd degree fault of XTC here.

Thanks for the remarks!

To clarify a few basic things:

The first poster in this thread (and obviously some other people who maybe should have known better) are claiming that you could receive a 360º representation via just two (supposedly narrow) front speakers.

This is probably not feasible, at least nobody can demonstrate anything which works like this - in practice. It is also nothing that Ambiophonics aims at. (You are obviously using two speaker pairs- i.e. four speakers - for 360º surround sound, whereas narrow front speakers are for wide stereo representation.)

If you can't reproduce full horizontal 360º surround via two front speakers, then the "binaural via two loudspeakers" approach doesn't work, and there is no solution to reproduce "3D sound" in this way. (Your colleague Choueiri claims this on the cited web page, and with every respect, no way...)

My (negative) review of Choueiri's demonstrations ;-) was/is not aimed at Ambiophonics at all, because there are differences, and you don't claim anything which is either impossible or near-impossible.

(Ambiophonics includes XTC, or "uses" XTC. )

Best regards,

Stefan