On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 05:56:30PM +0100, Oli Larkin wrote:
> if anyone wants to compile this on OSX, here is what i had to do, other than
> what it says in the readme
>
> - compile libclthreads, then libclxclient with the OSX makefiles
> - remove #CPPFLAGS += -march=native from /source/Makefile
> - remove all occurrences of -lrt from /source/Makefile
> - now it should build
>
> i guess you also need to have jack, freetype, and libpng libraries
> installed... macports can probably help with that

Yes, and X11 of course.

> still i'm not sure how to handle this stuff on OSX:
>
> Ambdec should be run with the privileges required to start real-time
> threads and to lock virtual memory. How this is done depends on your
> system. On most recent systems nothing special is required if you are
> a member of the 'audio' group.

I you have Jack running on OSX then probably all is OK.

Please note that I can't guarantee that future versions
(or even this one) will work on OSX. Things could change
if some OSX expert would provide a *complete* OSX version
of the P_sema class in libclthreads - one not using some
dirty hack with named semaphores but based directly on
the MACH semaphores. Currently ambdec does not use P_sema
but future versions may require it.

--
FA